Warning: My Go-To Green Smoothie is INTENSE… but in a good way. I tend to go all out with a lot of things and my smoothies are definitely along those lines. If I’m gonna make a smoothie, I’m gonna make one that not only tastes great, but also contains a lot of superfood ingredients that do amazing things for my body at the same time.
I prepare this smoothie with a few alterations here and there, usually 3-4 mornings a week for breakfast and I sip on it for an hour or so. It’s a great breakfast that you can take with you on the go. I use the Nutribullet, but I’m sure any blender will do!
Go-To Recipe below with some possible alterations after:
- 1/2 cup organic unsweetened vanilla almond milk (make sure it’s Carrageenan free)
- A few ice cubes
- 1 organic banana (room temp or frozen)
- 1/2 organic avocado
- 1 large handful of organic spinach or organic power greens (don’t worry, you won’t even taste it!)
- 1 scoop of vanilla Perfect Fit protein powder (my favorite certified organic, non-GMO project certified, dairy-free, gluten-free, kosher & vegan protein powder)
- 1/2 tablespoon of all-natural peanut butter or almond butter (can just leave out if allergic)
- 1 tablespoon of organic ground flax seed (3 grams of dietary fiber per serving, rich in Omega 3 fatty acids)
- 1 tablespoon of hemp seed (2000 mgs of Omega 3 and 11 grams of protein per serving
- Add organic coconut water or filtered water if you like your smoothies a little less thick
- Add chia seed to thicken the smoothie up and to add antioxidants and fiber
- Add other fruits like organic strawberries, blueberries, peaches or raspberries
- Add natural organic cacao powder to cure that chocolate craving
- Add organic, all natural, no sugar added pumpkin puree and some pumpkin spice or cinnamon for a nice fall inspired smoothie
- Add bee pollen to boost the immune system and reduce inflammation (I buy mine at my local farmer’s market, local bee pollen is best!)
- Add wheat grass powder for a green vitamin and mineral boost
- Add stevia if you like your smoothies a bit sweeter
I’m excited for you to try it 🙂 Let me know what you think!
Lots of love and good health,
Tasha, The Non-Toxic Newbie