Whenever someone says they don’t know what to do with their essential oils besides diffuse them, I send them straight to Pinterest! Have an oil that you’re not using? Just type it into the search bar. The free resources are endless and that’s how I discovered the majority of my Favorite Essential Oil (EO) Hacks. I’ve found the rest through word of mouth, chatting with my fellow oil users in our supportive community groups. These hacks below are just a few of the many surprising things these oils can do!
- Use Lemon EO to remove sticky residue left behind from a price tag.
- Instead of throwing away your old Bath & Body Works plug-ins, save them and make your own Essential Oil mix to put inside.
- Put 5-10 drops of EO (depending on your strength preference) on your air filter.
- Put 5-10 drops of EO on a dry log a few days before burning it in the fireplace to allow the oil to permeate the wood. When you burn the log, the scent will fill the air.
- Put a few drops of your favorite EO in your vacuum cleaner bag or on the vacuum filter.
- Add 1-2 drops of Lavender EO to your mascara to support longer, stronger, healthier lashes plus extend the life of dried mascara.
- Put a few drops of Peppermint EO on a cotton ball and rub doorways and window sills to keep bugs away.
- Put a few drops of Purification EO on a cotton ball and place in stinky shoes overnight.
- Add a drop of Peppermint EO to your lip gloss for a natural lip plumper.
- Mix Tea Tree EO or Purification with witch hazel on a cotton ball and dab on blemishes and breakouts.
- Cut drying time in half and remove dryer sheets from your grocery list by adding a few drops of EO to wool dryer balls.
- Remove a grease stain by putting a drop of Lemon EO on the stain, rubbing it in and throwing it in the wash. Act quickly!
- DIY car diffuser- put a few drops of EO on a clothespin and clip to one of the vents.
- Put a few drops of Purification, Lemon, or Tea Tree EO on a cotton ball and place on the bottom of your trash can to keep it fresh.
- Add a drop of Orange EO to your toothpaste on your toothbrush daily to support naturally whiter teeth.
- Create a spa like shower experience by placing a few drops of Eucalyptus EO in the corner of the shower floor and turn up the heat to create steam.
- Use Lemongrass EO on a cotton ball to replace nail polish remover.
- Use Lemon EO and hot water to remove crayon from walls.
So, what did you learn? What are you excited to try? Let me know!
Lots of love and good health,
Tasha, The Non-Toxic Newbie